Posted on May 29th, 2014 by Schmidt Mechanical Group
There is nothing worse than your air conditioner suddenly turning off on a hot day. Educating yourself on potential problems can help them to be identified before putting you in the unpleasantly hot situation. Check out some of the following reasons why your ac unit may fail and how to address the issue.
Common AC Problems:
- Improper operation- When your AC unit is on, make sure no windows or doors are open or cracked. This will prohibit the unit from operating efficiently.
- Faulty installation- This can result in leaky ducts and low airflow.
- Poor service procedures- Many inexperienced service technicians fail to find refrigerant charging problems and can worsen the problem by adding refrigerant to an already full system.
- Inadequate maintenance- Routine system maintenance is required to ensure the unit runs efficiently. Contact Schmidt Mechanical Group to schedule your HVAC unit maintenance.
- Refrigerant leaks- If your unit is low on refrigerant, it either was undercharged or there is a leak. Schmidt Mechanical technicians can easily fix any leaks quickly as they can be harmful to the environment.
- Electric control failure- The compressor and fan controls can wear out due to excessive use. Electrical connections should be checked during a maintenance call.
- Drainage problems- When it is humid outside the condensate drain could clog and drain improperly.
For more information about air conditioner problems and solutions, click here.
Schmidt Mechanical Group is happy to provide the highest quality of service to our customers.
Schmidt Mechanical is a full service residential and commercial A/C, heating, and refrigeration company. Our highly trained technicians are licensed to perform the necessary services to keep you feeling comfortable in your home all year round. For more information on our services, or to speak with a representative, visit our website. Schmidt Mechanical is LIVE on social media. Connecting with us has never been so easy! Like us on Facebook, FOLLOW us on Twitter and Connect with us on Google+ to keep up with the latest home improvement tips.