Posted on April 10th, 2014 by Schmidt Mechanical Group
Schmidt Mechanical Group is a fully licensed residential and commercial A/C, heating, and refrigeration company serving the State of Texas. Do you have a question regarding your HVAC system? We’ve gathered some of the many frequently asked questions our technicians receive every day. See the following:
- What is a heat pump? A heat pump moves hot air from one place to another in your home, helping to maintain constant temperatures for optimal energy efficiency.
- What is a heat exchanger? Heat exchangers allow the furnace to transfer heat into breathable air.
- What are ducts? Ducts deliver warm or cool air from the furnace or A/C in your home into various rooms of the house. Ducts are most efficient when they are insulated as this helps to keep the air cool or warm.
- What is a forced air system? A forced air system is the heating or cooling equipment that produce hot or cold air and deliver it to your home via ducts.
- What are humidifiers? Humidifiers retain the moisture in the air inside your home.
- What does BTU mean? BTU stands for British Thermal Unit. It is the amount of heat needed to raise the temperature of 1lb of water, 1 degree Fahrenheit.
Schmidt Mechanical Group is happy to provide the highest quality of service to our customers.
Schmidt Mechanical is a full service residential and commercial A/C, heating, and refrigeration company. Our highly trained technicians are licensed to perform the necessary services to keep you feeling comfortable in your home all year round. For more information on our services, or to speak with a representative, visit our website. Schmidt Mechanical is LIVE on social media. Connecting with us has never been so easy! Like us on Facebook, FOLLOW us on Twitter and Connect with us on Google+ to keep up with the latest home improvement tips.
Photo source: yelp.com