Posted on July 1st, 2014 by Schmidt Mechanical Group
In the summer months your air conditioning system is forced to work extra hard to combat the intense heat. Luckily, there are a few tricks a homeowner can do to alleviate your AC work load while cooling the house. Please see the following tips:
- Grill up dinner. Keep heat producing appliances, like the oven or stove, off during the summer months. Instead, fire up the outdoor grill!
- Use ceiling fans to increase the comfort level at a higher thermostat setting. Set the thermostat to 78 degrees Fahrenheit and let the fans do the rest.
- Plant shade trees around the house.
- Seal and insulate AC ducts that run through unheated basements and attics.
- Limit your use of a dehumidifier. The machine will increase the cooling load, forcing the AC to work harder.
- Consider replacing the outdoor compressor on an old central air conditioner with a modern, higher-efficiency unit. Be sure that it is properly matched to the indoor unit!
For more tips on how to cool the home and limit AC exerted energy, click here!
Schmidt Mechanical Group is happy to provide the highest quality of service to our customers.
Schmidt Mechanical is a full service residential and commercial A/C, heating, and refrigeration company. Our highly trained technicians are licensed to perform the necessary services to keep you feeling comfortable in your home all year round. For more information on our services, or to speak with a representative, visit our website. Schmidt Mechanical is LIVE on social media. Connecting with us has never been so easy! Like us on Facebook, FOLLOW us on Twitter and Connect with us on Google+ to keep up with the latest home improvement tips.