Posted on May 6th, 2014 by Schmidt Mechanical Group
Heating and cooling your home accounts for a huge chunk of your monthly utility bill. Luckily there are some ways homeowners can reduce these costs. See the following tips!
- Much of the heat accumulated inside the house is a result of the direct sunlight. plant leafy trees around the outside of your home to limit the sun’s strength and help to cool the home. Also, make sure your outdoor AC unit is shaded. This could boost the systems efficiency by 10 percent.
- Solar screens help to intercept the sun’s heat before it reaches the inside of the house. A benefit of solar screens, as opposed to window film, is that the window does not have to be closed in order for the screen to do it’s job.
- When you are not home, turn off your air conditioner. This will save tons on your energy bill.
- To circulate air inside your home, open windows throughout the house to create a cross-breeze. A window fan will also help move the air throughout the home.
- Decrease indoor heat by avoiding baking in the over or cooking on the stove-top. Create a cool, summer dinner menu that will be refreshing to eat. If you must use the stovetop, make sure the exhaust fan is on.
- Keep the filter of the air condition clean by replacing it every few months. This will help maintain system efficiency and allow for optimal airflow.
Are you looking for more money saving tips? Click here for more information!
Schmidt Mechanical Group is happy to provide the highest quality of service to our customers.
Schmidt Mechanical is a full service residential and commercial A/C, heating, and refrigeration company. Our highly trained technicians are licensed to perform the necessary services to keep you feeling comfortable in your home all year round. For more information on our services, or to speak with a representative, visit our website. Schmidt Mechanical is LIVE on social media. Connecting with us has never been so easy! Like us on Facebook, FOLLOW us on Twitter and Connect with us on Google+ to keep up with the latest home improvement tips.