Posted on June 17th, 2014 by Schmidt Mechanical Group
It is not uncommon for an air conditioning unit to suddenly stop working. Just look back at Game 1 of the NBA finals when the AC system suddenly shut off in the AT&T Center, forcing Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs players to compete in tough conditions. Luckily, Texans can take the heat. In the event that your home AC suddenly stops working, remain calm. There are many reasons for the malfunction. To best identify the cause, please see the following:
If your unit is not cooling properly:
- Your refrigerant could be low or leaking. Contact Schmidt Mechanical Group to have one of our technicians recharge the system and repair the leak.
- Your thermostat may not be set to the proper temperature.
- Your drain may be clogged.
- You may need to replace your filters to allow for optimal air flow and efficient cooling.
If your unit is not turning on:
- The compressor and fan controls could be worn out due to excessive use. Contact Schmidt Mechanical to have your unit’s electrical connections checked.
- Your thermostat may need new batteries or be replaced entirely.
- Your ducts could be leaking air or be clogged. In this case, they will need to be professionally cleaned.
- Your filter may be dirty, thus limiting the flow of air and prohibiting the machine to cool the house efficiently. Check and replace the filters if necessary.
Do you want more information about identifying problems with your air conditioner? Click here!
Schmidt Mechanical Group is happy to provide the highest quality of service to our customers.
Schmidt Mechanical is a full service residential and commercial A/C, heating, and refrigeration company. We specialize in heating repairs for all types of systems and furnaces and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! We are proud to provide our customers with round-the-clock service as we understand that emergencies happen at unplanned hours of the day.
For more information on our services, or to speak with a representative, visit our website. Interested in learning more about Schmidt Mechanical? Connect with us! We’re LIVE on social media! Like us on Facebook, FOLLOW us on Twitter, and Connect with us on Google+ to keep up with the latest home improvement tips!