Posted on April 22nd, 2014 by Schmidt Mechanical Group
Preventative maintenance for your HVAC system is important to assure the system runs efficiently. Schmidt Mechanical Group provides customers with seasonal maintenance in which our technicians inspect and clean the machine. To prolong your HVAC systems life, there are a few things homeowners can do. Please see the following:
- A homeowner should start by purchasing a high-efficiency pleated air filter. Replace the air filter every 3 months to ensure optimal air flow and lower energy bills.
- Make sure the outdoor unit is not crowded with leaves, pollen, or grass. This will limit the air flow and cause the machine to overwork.
- Clear 2 feet of space around the outdoor AC and heating units.
- Each month, a homeowner should inspect refrigerant lines.
- Every three months, a homeowner should replace the air filter.
- During the summer, turn off the water to the furnace humidifier.
- Each fall, replace the humidifier and turn on the water.
- Replace the carbon monoxide detector battery every year.
- Ensure the outdoor AC unit is on a level ground annually.
- Clean your AC drain with a bleach and water mixture.
For more information regarding HVAC maintenance, click here.
Schmidt Mechanical Group is happy to provide the highest quality of service to our customers.
Schmidt Mechanical is a full service residential and commercial A/C, heating, and refrigeration company. Our highly trained technicians are licensed to perform the necessary services to keep you feeling comfortable in your home all year round. For more information on our services, or to speak with a representative, visit our website. Schmidt Mechanical is LIVE on social media. Connecting with us has never been so easy! Like us on Facebook, FOLLOW us on Twitter and Connect with us on Google+ to keep up with the latest home improvement tips.
Photo source: citysearch.com