Fast & Effective AC Repair so You Can Stay Cool
Are you in need of an AC repair service in San Antonio, TX? Schmidt Mechanical Group, Inc. is here to help. There’s nothing worse than a hot summer day without air conditioning. A broken AC unit can be disastrous: Not only is it uncomfortable to go without AC, but it can pose a serious health and safety risk.
When you need a trusted company to perform air conditioning repair in San Antonio, turn to Schmidt Mechanical Group, Inc. We have worked with residential and commercial customers throughout Alamo Heights, Terrell Hills, and the surrounding areas.
Our San Antonio AC Repair Services
As fully insured and licensed contractors in the city of San Antonio and the state of Texas, our technicians are familiar with all makes and models of air conditioning equipment and can get your cooling system restored to prime condition in no time. Our San Antonio AC repair team will give your system a full mechanical inspection, perform testing and balancing, and take care of any air filtration and ductwork issues or replace the unit if that’s what’s needed.
Our Commercial & Residential San Antonio AC Repair Services Include:
- Monthly maintenance contracts for commercial
- Seasonal maintenance agreements
To ensure that our San Antonio AC repair is of the highest quality, we only use factory authorized parts and equipment.
How to Diagnose AC Problems
There is nothing worse than your air conditioner suddenly turning off on a hot day. Educating yourself on potential problems can help the issue be identified before you put yourself in the unpleasantly hot situation. Check out some of the following reasons why your AC unit may fail and how to address the issue.
Common AC Problems:
- Improper operation- When your AC unit is on, make sure no windows or doors are open or cracked. This will prohibit the unit from operating efficiently.
- Faulty installation- This can result in leaky ducts and low airflow.
- Poor service procedures- Many inexperienced service technicians fail to find refrigerant charging problems and can worsen the problem by adding refrigerant to an already full system.
- Inadequate maintenance- Routine system maintenance is required to ensure the unit runs efficiently.
- Refrigerant leaks- If your unit is low on refrigerant, it either was undercharged or there is a leak. Schmidt Mechanical’s San Antonio AC repair technicians can easily fix any leaks quickly as they can be harmful to the environment.
- Electric control failure- The compressor and fan controls can wear out due to excessive use. Electrical connections should be checked during a maintenance call.
- Drainage problems- When it is humid outside the condensate drain could clog and drain improperly.
Maintaining Your AC System
To prevent the need for future repairs, it’s important to properly maintain your system. Treat it with care so that you won’t need to spend money on unnecessary fixes later on.
To Keep Your AC Unit In Great Shape, We Recommend The Following:
- Don’t place electrical devices that generate heat (such as your TV) near the thermostat
- Replace AC filters once a month
- Keep the temperature inside set as high as comfortably possible
- In humid weather, keep the fan speed at low. Otherwise, keep the fan speed set on high
- Use small trees or shrubs to shade your AC unit outside
- Install ceiling fans to help circulate cool air indoors
24-Hour Emergency AC Repairs
Even if you follow all of these tips, your system is still susceptible to unexpected problems. We know that issues can arise at any time, so we are available 24 hours a day to handle emergency AC repairs in San Antonio. Let the professionals at Schmidt Mechanical Group, Inc. get your system back up and running so that your comfort can be restored.